Often it’s not hunger pangs that make you reach for that bag of chips, but boredom!
BEAT YOUR BOREDOM eating habits by choosing an activity from the list below and start getting busy!
* Find out what makes you snack and work out an anti-snack program that will work for you!
* Take a walk along the beach front
* Play ball with your dog!
* Read a newspaper and get up to speed with local and international news
* Get creative! Start a scrapbook or make yourself a pair of earrings or a necklace.
* Get a manicure or pedicure or facial
* Clean out your wardrobe and make up a parcel of old clothes for someone who would need them
* Call a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while
* Call someone who’s also watching what they are eating. You will find they also needed a kind word
* Do a crossword puzzle
* Plan a budget. Look for ways to save yourself money every month and use the extra cash to buy yourself something gorgeous!
* Drink a glass of water!
* Plan your holiday
* Go watch a movie or see an art exhibition
* Take a walk and take photos of every interesting thing you see
* Re arrange your furniture
* Get organized! Make yourself a to do list and stick to it!
* Create a herb garden
* Fix all broken items in your house
* Write a short story
* Start a diary and write in it whenever you feel tempted to snack
* Check your email – or write one to Elmarie!
* Have a nap. It’s a fact that people who sleep more, snack less
* Expand the positive relationships in your life. SMS to someone you car about and let them know you are thinking of them
* Pull out all your old photo albums and lose yourself reminiscing