Waking up in the morning is hard. Waking up in the winter is very hard. Coffee always sounds like a great idea to wake the brain up, but what to do about the body?
BOTH KNEES TO THE CHEST
* Pull both your knees up to your chest and hold for 30 counts.
* Make sure your back is pressed down on the mattress.
* Cross the one leg over the other knee. Place your hand on the knee and push it away from your body. Hold for 30 counts.
*Make sure your back is pressed down on the mattress.
* Repeat with the other leg.
RELAX BOTH KNEES TO ONE SIDE
* Place your hands out next to you.
* Keep your knees and feet together, keeping your shoulders and back pressed into the mattress, relax both knees to one side and hold for 30 counts.
* Gently move your knees to the other side.
HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD
* Bend both your knees, make sure your back is pressed into the mattress.
* Relax both arms above your head, placing your hands, elbows and shoulders on the mattress.
* Hold for 30 counts.
FROM THE BED TO THE FLOOR
* Slide to the side of your bed and swing your legs over so that your feet are flat on the floor.
* Bend your knees and bend at the hip to bring your chest towards your thighs.
* Dangle your arms and head over your knees, touching the floor with your fingers.
* Hold for 30 counts, relaxing your arms and shoulders.
FOR MORE EXERCISE IDEAS, HEALTH CHATS AND MOTIVATION,
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK: